Re: Revamped Echo system-standby icon

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 02:18 +0200, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> That icon got the same threat from system-shutdown. Done with svn
> version of Inkscape
> and png version with Gimp 2.2 set at 300 dpi resolution.
>
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/actions/
>
> Luya

Luya, change the opacity of the shadow to be less intensive. Second
thing I noticed is badly positioned the picture in the button (the
circle with line at the top) IMHO, it should be in the center of the
blue area. Other than that the 48x48 icon seems quite fine. The 16x16 is
looking good for me, for 22x22 and 24x24 you should use flat perspective
(just use the 16x16, add gradients if you do not have them in the 16x16
one, and add shadow).

One issue I notice for all your icons you've create so far is the shadow
that is too much upwards. It might be because you rendered it in gimp -
I noticed nautilus and gimp and others position the areas with applied
blur differently then inkscape. If you'd like better quality, I'd rather
export it in inkscape with 300 dpi (or whatever you think is the best)
and the resize/finish it in gimp :)

Otherwise, I like this one most of all, could you do a similarly
fashioned system-shutdown? I also noticed that the suspend option
disappeared from gnome menu (it is now in the shutdown dialog), dunno
how in KDE, but it seems to me that this icon might not have a use after
all...

Thanks,
Martin

PS: btw. what's the improvements in the svn version of ikscape?