Re: Infinity GDM mockup

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
Matthias Clasen wrote:
Here is a screenshot that shows some problems with the user list. If you
have enough users to make the list scroll, you notice that a) the
theming of the scrollbar is not ideal and b) the last item "leaks" out.
It actually overlaps the "wrong password" messaged that may appear below
the list.

Thanks Matthias and everyone else for the quick and detailed feedback! I've got a new version that hopefully is better:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/infinity/FedoraInfinityGDM.2.tar.gz

The amount of options seems to be a bit high and makes the interface appear cluttered and the square big borders appears rigid.

Which ones are you seeing? Are you just looking at the screenshot I sent? Because in actual use the 'disconnect' button doesn't actually appear. Are there other buttons you think should go?

I like Steven's mockup at http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/fedora/gdm-infinity5.png much better.

This was written using that mockup with very slight modifications. I made the borders just slightly wider so the background below could be seen through them.

Thinner borders and the number of options at three seems just right. Fonts colors are less contrasting. The shadows are highlighted better.

I can modify some of the font coloring but I worry about too little contrast in terms of readability.

~m