Re: F8 artwork update

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

The only absolutely essential artwork we do not have checked in or ready to check in for F8 test 2 is GDM. I'm not sure what to do about it; Avio [2] looks nice - what do you think if we used that with a theme-specific background? Does anybody have any other ideas for GDM? As an absolute fallback we can go with the current one and simply replace the Flying High background as Nicu suggested. It doesn't look bad, but I'd like to see something different if we can do it. If anybody has a mockup I can implement it so we're not bound to use something that's already been implemented.

Yes, Avio looks nice *if* we reduce the number of buttons, otherwise it is too busy. I liked the use of transparent areas in F7's Flying High, so I favor the middle version of the 3 Avio screenshots (it also looks a little less Vista-like).

Other stuff that's not super essential but nice-to-have and hopefully we'll have ready for test 3:

- gnome splash
- kde splash

With the GNOME splash *not* enabled by default I think we are just fine using the upstream splash.