Re: The process is confusing, the red tape frustrating.

On 7/9/07, M?ir??n Duffy wrote:

Even though I am not a lawyer I feel the language is pretty clear. Also,
I do not believe the practice of using other's work without citing it,
even if it's scratch work, in a public forum is really acceptable just
out of respect for other artists, you know? Even here when we build on
each other's work I've noticed we've been very good about stating whose
works we built upon. I think it's a good practice even outside of the
fact that the CLA requires it, honestly.

~m

Ok, fair enough ...

However, how would you or I know if the artwork is original? Is it safe to assume it is unless otherwise stated?

I would never blast you the way Nicu blasted me, but I assume the photo's on your submission are yours as you have not made a statement of attribution.

Do you need to? ;)

Finally, wouldn't these rules apply to all forms of artwork?

John