Re: F8 artwork

Máirín Duffy wrote:

2) We should have a general discussion here on list to get our thoughts out on where F8's artwork could go. What desktop wallpaper are you using these days? Have you seen any cool ones lately? Seen any cool current graphic design in general lately? Have an idea for a nice style we could use? Send it to the list and we can discuss and try to come up with a general style to push for. :) What kinds of feedback have you heard on the Fedora 7 theme? What have you heard about other distro's themes? Do we want to get into photomanip, 3d rendering, vector-based, or some combo of the three?

One thing that has frequently been mentioned by some reviews including the distrowatch one at http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070604#feature is that the clearlooks theme looks distinctly dry compared to the polished artwork in GDM, wallpaper etc. I think folks are looking for a more glossy theme.

Rahul