Re: Echo musings

On 30/03/07, Luya Tshimbalanga <luya_tfz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I am running the latest Rawhide and had the following observations about
> the Echo theme icons:
>
> * The angle of the icons makes some of them difficult to visually
> distinguish properly, especially with a bright blue emblem in front of a
> gray icon.  Examples include the music file icon and the presentation
> icon, even at the size seen by default on the desktop.  I also wonder
> whether for some of these icons the backing "document" icon is really
> necessary.  For instance, the video media files appear as a film reel,
> which is very sensible, so I wonder why the music files shouldn't simply
> appear as musical notes or similar.

Could you provide images that can be submitted on wiki to see the
problem?For me, it is very hard to analyze the issue without image.

I see your point, it does ask why for one and not the other. I think
the reasonsing behind this was the film reel was very grey, so
thiswould be hard to distinguish between the page and film. It is
possible to use a page with just the film strip (photo negative style)
against the page.

I belive the page means "document" or "file" as opposed to it just
being the application. I suppose the only time one would see the
actual files is inside a file manager or browser box but I feel there
is still the need to show it is a file.

Video file:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=video-x-genericL.png

Sound file: