Re: Echo Cursors - naming spec, description, license, etc.

Martin Sourada wrote:
Nicu Buculei napsal(a):
Martin Sourada wrote:
Maybe it would be the best. Yet I'll list here some alternatives:

2. GPL [3] - used by Bluecurve, primarily developers license, but
probably
usable for art as well.
3. LGPL [4] - that would allow commercial derivates
GPL also allow commercial derivatives (all the options allow commercial
derivatives), RHEL for example is a commercial derivative, it does not
allow *proprietary* derivatives.
You know, is not about the money but about the freedom.

PS: and even LGPL does not allow proprietary derivatives, it allow to be
used in proprietary products.

PPS: cc-by-sa is somewhat alike to GPL in not allowing proprietary
derivatives.

Thanks for the clarifying. Any idea which one(s) of those would fit a cursor
theme best?

GPL seems to be the popular choice. Note that the since every contributor involved has to sign the Fedora CLA we can relicense it without tracking down every contributor individually if there is a dire need later.

Rahul