graphics in FedoraForum

John Baer wrote:

Encourage the use of open source products in the creation of art.

Objective 2.1

The art team will investigate the re-design of the Fedora forum gallery
to include a method of image branding such as “made with inkscape”,
“crafted with gimp”. The effort could also consider targeted subsections
for alternative artwork for icons, RHGB, GDM, KDE, and splash screens.

If with this you understand adding tis kind of branding as graphic elements to the images I strongly oppose. If we are talking about tags, labels, keywords or even saying in the text description "made with", then I am all for it (note: fedoraforum.org does not have support for such tags, one could use only the description).

As I look toward the talented artists who submit images to the Fedora
gallery I considered why they were not a part of the mix.  IMO the team
failed to deliver on the open source value of “inclusion – all are
welcomed, encourage others to join”.

I have a strong objection also for the wallpaper gallery from fedoraforum.org [1], I have contributed in the past graphics to it but: - it lack some features, like the tags I talked about above or RSS feeds or even sorting into categories; - there are also licensing and copyright issues (just have a quick look at it).

Do not understand me wrong, I enjoy a NSFW graphic (and fortunately, the place where I work does not even have such a policy), I like anime and anime wallpapers, I like sometime a cheap shot at Microsoft and I am for free exchange of information...

[1] - http://www.fedoraforum.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=2

--
nicu