Re: Including artwork from older releases

On Friday 23 February 2007 4:01:41 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> The only problem with this is that rhgb is not easily themeable but
> hopefully we are getting rid of that soon enough to not worry about it.

On 23/02/07, Kelly <lightsolphoenix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I imagine that'd be of use to to those who are running earlier versions as
well (using the new artwork in the old versions is a MAJOR pain, as I found
out personally).

The RHGB image may be a reminder to which version you are actually
using raher than a user saying, "the one with the bubbles," or
suchlike.

[...] Since we already have a rule about
not including version numbers in the current release, can we continue to
including the older themes in subsequent three releases or something
like that?

Maybe the packages could be something like fedora-artwork-v3-0.421,
the v3 being the release it has come from. It would need to all have
different names, such as 'default-fc6.jpg' for the wallpapers, so they
do not overwrite each other.

If it's easy enough it's well worth doing, nice little package for an extra.

--
      ..// seawolf //..
         Ben  Arnold

   fedora core  :  artwork