Re: GDM themes/face browser

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:

'Standard image size: 48×48 or 64×64 – currently undecided'

Maybe it should be the same size as some of the avatars or buddy icons that are already in wide use today? E.g. livejournal avatars are 100x100 and aim buddy icons are 50x50. There's already a lot of these icons that are easily available for users to add in for themselves.

I think this pretty much depend on how we want the GDM screen to look. And for our large screens I think 50x50 is to low. Depending on the layout, even 100x100 may be low.

I *think* the largest size for a buddy icon in Gaim is 96x96 (gaim 2.0, conversation window).

Yeh, I'm just thinking about all those sites like www.imbuddy.net that have tons and tons of the 50x50 icons for people to use - even sometimes places release official buddy icons for their movies, TV series, or music albums (snakes on a plane and battlestar galactica official buddy icons are a couple examples)

If the technical max is 128x128 maybe 100x100 is a good size because there are also a ton of icons available at that size already (See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=2oN&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=livejournal+icons&spell=1)

I guess my point is rather than trying to set a new standard, maybe go with one that's already out there and gives folks a LOT more choices.

~m
Heh, I totally missed both those. Guess I'm getting old or something. ;)
I'm all for 100x100.
- Andreas