Re: Flying High with Fedora 7 Preview

John Baer wrote:

I am in agreement the 3D approach is what forum folks generally like and
I would guess a "blender" theme would be very well received.

Thanks $DEITY that forum postings is not the definitive criteria for selecting our look.

Unfortunately, I do not know Blender :(.

Blender is not an absolute requirement, shiny things can be made in many other ways.

To be honest, I think a large number of us here are not very happy with a Blender made theme, as we are not very familiar with Blender and can not collaborate on source files.

From my efforts I was looking for a theme which works at home and the
office. IMO the office part of the equation tends to be more
conservative. You probably won't see a graphic of a woman dressed in a
bikini with a fedora logo at work. Although I believe I saw several on
the wallpaper section of the forum :).

Well, the target of Fedora is somewhat blurred but definitely is NOT the office use. And remember which kind of desktop wallpapers used to use Ubuntu in its early stages when it became famous... Having said this, I agree we should better leave the bikini themes for unofficial but supported channels.

When I looked to other successful products and I didn't see any with
strong 3D based themes. I consulted with my colleagues and they advised
the background screen needs to be more than flashy, it needs to be
something a person can look at all day, every day. Busy complex images
are hard to view for long periods of time.

Indeed, very true.

Creating a 3D fork isn't a bad idea. Mola, maybe you can work your magic
with Blender.

A 3D fork would be a third fork, Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighRound2 is not what I would call 3D, is more "cartoon".

--
nicu