Re: First Boot Question

David Zeuthen wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 09:15 -0500, John Baer wrote:
I noticed on the First Boot screen there is an icon to the left of the
word "Welcome". Where does it come from?

    easiest (and it's not easy at all) way at this point is to inspect
    the source code; e.g. download the source SRPM and go through the
    source.

Firstboot is written in python so you don't have to download the SRPM (you would probably want to download the SRPM if you were going to submit a patch though.) You can look at the source of firstboot on a Fedora system by looking in /usr/share/firstboot/modules and searching through the file for the screen you're interested in. You're interested in the welcome screen so open up /usr/share/firstboot/modules/welcome.py and grep around for 'png':

title_pix = functions.imageFromFile("workstation.png")

I think this means it's /usr/share/firstboot/pixmaps/workstation.png (my guess based on the top of /usr/share/firstboot/functions.py). (Note I'm doing this on an FC5 system, the exact path in FC6 may be different...) If the path is different from /usr/share/firstboot/pixmaps I think it will show the full path (e.g., from timezone.py 'self.icon = functions.imageFromPath("/usr/share/system-config-date/pixmaps/system-config-date.png"'))

~m