Re: FC7 Theme Round 1 is over, let's start round 2!

Hi Leo,

Leo wrote:
On FRI, 8 DEC 2006, Máirín Duffy wrote:

Okay, so round 1 is officially over. The list that Nicu so helpfully
compiled (thanks!!) is the official list of theme candidates for
FC7. I linked to all of them from the FC7 Theme page as well:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC7Themes

Those are great pictures! Thanks everyone.

One thing that confuses me for a long time is the fact that the art
team is rather concentrated on creating those wallpaper-like
pictures. I am not saying it is not important. They are critical
elements of a consistent-looking theme. But what about the gtk2 and metacity themes,

I think for gtk2 we are probably going to stick with Clearlooks. Clearlooks is getting some features that give it the glossiness Murrine has, and it's also the GNOME upstream theming engine. Andy Fitzsimon put together a Murrine theme that has very very nice Fedora colors, and I think he's working on porting it to Clearlooks.

and the icon theme? Particularly the icon theme, it
is overdue for a change.

Well, I think there are some working on Echo. I'm not really involved in that, though. I think I've mentioned before I like some of Andy Fitzsimon's ideas around using Tango as an upstream and applying styles to it [1].

~m

[1] http://live.gnome.org/AwesomeArtShit (towards the bottom of the page)