Re: Icon Theme

On 29/11/06, Leo <sdl.web@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... Designing icons without palette and guidelines
would work well when there is only one contributor. We should set at
least some very basic guidelines if we expect all contributed icons to
roughly have the same level of quality and fit well together.

I've made a wiki page on my bit [1] containing some of the main
colours from some icons.

As I say on the page, my intention is to have it as part of the icon
tutorial page (similar to the Bluecurve tutorial page [2]) which could
be named Artwork/EchoCreation or something. I think to have the hex
colour values in a table would be useful as well as a GIMP and
Inkscape file.

You're spot on that we need some basic guidelines. I found that little
things like stroke thickness was trial-and-error. It will take time,
though.

./Ben

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BenArnold/EchoColours
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/BluecurveIconGuidelines