Re: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 1 (John Baer)

On 13/11/06, John Baer <baerjj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHigh

You've got a lot of good ideas in this proposal.

I like the light, lively feel of the idea...it even prompts the feeling of an adventurous journey.

The rendering of the blue hot-air balloons in the wallpaper mockup amidst the clouds are also charming.

In contrast to the wallpaper mockup, I also really like the vibrant colours in the Anaconda sidebar. I know you've commented that the final version would be an svg drawing instead...so, two questions...
1) would the .svg drawing be as appealing?
2) is this photo free to use...because it would be really interesting to further pursue the idea in that direction as well.

Overall, good job! While there are several different looks represented in this proposal...they are all excellent visual directions (to further develop as independent looks or try to merge to one cohesive theme) that could work very well as the next theme for Fedora Core.

Diana
---
Red Hat
Visual Designer | Desktop Group