Re: [FC7 theme proposal] Fedora Borealis Round 1

Máirín Duffy wrote:

Ahhh!! Very good point. I did another iteration with the Fedora floating as well...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fc7themeproposal-fedoraborealis-mock2.png
(Try 2 on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis)

It's definitely changed the look a bit - I added drop shadows. I'm not sure why. This still needs to be played with this more, it was just a quick modification.

I think I know why you added shadows: they increase the 3D look and ease the transition from the current full 3D theme to a flatten one. And I also know what is wrong with the shadows: light is coming from top, objects have a vertical shape and the shadow is projected in a horizontal plane. But I got the idea and like it.

Another idea - maybe take the Fedora logo out entirely and go much simpler than the original proposal. Or just keep the logo flat, and make it much smaller, and tuck in the lower right corner or some such.

Yup, the Fedora logo can go, we have enough symbols: f, infinity and bubble.

Great points. Makes me look at it now, and think, "Hi, my name is Fedora. Is anybody out there? out there there there there. Oh an echo! I'm all aloooonnnneee!" ;)

Now if you said the word "echo" in this context... we will introduce the Echo theme for icons, I wonder about having and the wallpaper also about an echo but I don't know yet how. Maybe with a single graphic element and a lot of reflexions?

--
nicu