Re: DNA theme for new FC6 browser splash page

Diana Fong wrote:
I don't have a problem with the white border around the fedora symbol and can't find where it is mentioned as "not allowed for in the Fedora brand guidelines."

I believe it is covered in the clear space section. The white is an additional element that does not follow the clear space guidelines.

I have seen many logo guidelines and brandbooks, and in my experience outlines around a logomark are not usually kosher without explicitly being mentioned as OK to use.

Though, as Nicu pointed me to, the "Reverse Logotype Color to White" section...but to me that just reads that the font should be changed and the lack of contrast in the logomark was not addressed.

Then it's a flaw in the guidelines and that should be fixed first.

~m