Re: Tweaking the FC6 Theme

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Diana Fong wrote:
Rahul wrote:

It is claimed to be dark, satanic, gothic, death metal and futuristic ;-)

And this is supposed to be a bad thing?

I am summarizing what is being said in the distrowatch thread. Anything thats very distinctive is going to get loud positive *and* negative reactions. Thats what I saw in distrowatch and FC5 theme too.

Personally I think FC6 theme with the slightly lighter shades that Diana did recently is better than the FC5 one but I liked the FC5 theme when it was newly done too. There was some criticisms that it was too bright for the background for some people who found that the icons didnt contrast well with it. We didnt have a wide screen version either. Both of these have been fixed now. For those who dont like the concept itself though, they just have to change their theme. Unfortunately RHGB themes are not easily changed and there is a bit of resistance in replacing it with some form of bootsplash. Early GDM login work is also currently stalled.

We are working on a strategies to make things better. Watch the news.

Rahul