Re: Fedora Core/Extras 6CD/DVD cover art

John Baer wrote:
All,

For those who would like to submit artwork to the Fedora Core 6 CD/DVD
and jewel case initiative I believe some additional information is
required.

Thanks for putting up the wiki!

I've also just added some of Thomas' translated specs and links to it. Though there's still info missing pertaining to the jewel case/covers.

1. Drawing specification
   - Using Mairin's submission as an example the dimension of a jewel
     case cover is 799 x 395 @ 96dpi. Is this correct and what is the
     dimension of CD/DVD cover?

Not sure about the dimensions...but I believe that it should be 300dpi.

- Is there a pending issue relative to printing on a CD/DVD? Those items need to be documented.

2. What is the exact text of the disclosure that should appear?
   - CD/DVD media
   - Jewel case covers

This is the exact wording from FC5's cd/dvd + case.

|Copyright © 2006 Red Hat, Inc. All rights reserved. Fedora is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc. The Fedora Project is not a supported product of Red Hat, Inc. The software on this CD is provided and licensed “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.|

BTW: Do not let the "fedora" font be an issue. Any final adjustments can
be made in this regard if your submission is selected as the desired
choice.

Yup...the font and logo issue can be easily adjusted during the finalization period. The 9/26-29/2006 period of finalization is intended for just that...plus any color or size tweaks that might be needed.

Diana