Re: Re: Fedora Core/Extras 6CD/DVD cover art

That looks really good. Assuming -- probably incorrectly -- that you -- or someone else -- are designing for the movie-type DVD case, is there any chance you could go with a 3D perspective on the helix? In other words, show the same helix from 3 different views on the front, side, and back. I think it would look really cool. Of course, I'm too lazy to do it myself, but if someone more skilled than me could do it... - Jordan ---------------- Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:08:16 -0400 From: M?ir?n Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Fedora Core/Extras 6CD/DVD cover art To: "Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including icons, themes, and wallpapers." <fedora-art-list@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <4501E9D0.2020602@xxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Thomas Canniot wrote:

> After discussing on IRC with Diana, we came to conclusion for the
> following deadline :
> > september 25th : deadline for submission
> 25 to 29th september : finalisation of the suggested artwork
> > I have to give the art team the following elements : > > * How a gradient it managed by the manufacturer ?

I've worked with various printers before I've never had issues getting gradients printed. A gradient with one color to transparency is considered 1 color. A gradient from one color to another is considered 2 colors.

The above is, of course, on paper. I don't know about printing on DVDs but I'd imagine it's similar.

> * It is considered as a 2 colors artwork or not ? > * Has the printer a template ? > * What kind of file they would like to have ? > * If it is possible to print artworks as well on paper cases.

The current svg on the website is AFAIK the template that was used to print on a paperboard DVD slipcase.

I played around a bit in inkscape - attaching the results, anyone can feel free to play with it.

~m