Re: Fedora 6 , Background

Demond James wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
Diana Fong wrote:
Done...literally in a day with no sleep...though...maybe two because Mola is ahead by 8 hours. Hope you guys like it. http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6graphics/

http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6graphics/06screen.png

This one is going to be an issue wrt translations.

I would recommend the following:

- left align the pam message ('please enter your username' in this example) - align the toolbar buttons alongo the bottom of the screen. Depending on various settings there may be more or less of these and once they're translated to languages like German they will blow out of the box they're in.

This is really different from the current GDM theme though - how is it going to be implemented in time? You might be able to take a plainer GDM theme and just make that image the BG though.

~m

How about changing the window borders and panels to be similar or more complementary to the glassy blue color that is used in the background. We can just do a color change since time is short.

Demond

The mockup for the login was indeed too involved for the limited time to implement. I looked around and made a variation based off of "BlueSwirl" by DarkKnight9 found at [1]. Also took pieces from the FC5 Fedora Bubbles GDM as well as from "Gnome Moment" by jordiablo [2]. Here's a screenshot [3]...there's an extra piece of text "Linux" which I can't seem to get rid of...if someone could take a look? Here's the greeter theme [4].

Diana

[1] http://art.gnome.org/themes/gdm_greeter/1201
[2] http://art.gnome.org/themes/gdm_greeter/1266
[3] http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6reGraphics/Screenshot1.png