Re: FEDORA LOGOTYPE and FEDORA LOGO

Jiri Jakub Masek wrote:
Hi, if I understand it, FEDORA LOGOTYPE and FEDORA LOGO are trade marks and this could be the reason to be untouchable. What about to make

Indeed, those are trademarks and the use is restricted. Not untouchable, but under very strict conditions: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

FEDORA LOGOTYPE and FEDORA LOGO stamp to use it in graphics as only one untouchable element? That could allow to create variant graphics sets

I am not very sure about a stamp: for it to be useful, the logo need to be in scalable format (scaling a raster image is suboptimal) and salable means source code, so trademark troubles...

I saw recently some talk about an alternate logo, with less restrictions. This has ups (free usage) and downs (weaker branding).

for FEDORA. A preview is published on http://juiceoff.8m.com

As for the way you proposed it: the stamp should have at least transparency, in your example the light blue background of the stamp is just unfit with the green background of the larger image.

--
nicu