Re: Testing out the theme

Diana Fong wrote:
Rahul wrote:
Hi

Users who want to take a look at this new Echo theme would want a quick and easy way to install and check it out.

Currently all I see is a list of SVG files in a wiki page. Can we put up a tarball appropriately packaged or a RPM package that is updated frequently perhaps?

Hello again...

I mentioned this over lunch today and J5 (John Palmieri) wrote a python script to pull all the files from the wiki. (attached). Yeay! The following are some technical details that he included if someone would like to take this on and modify it. Like last time, I've got two .tar...one is just the PNGs [1] and the other is PNG+SVG (44.1M) [2]. The naming of the files are a bit different this time as it is pulled directly from the wiki. Leon, if you could do what you did last time, that would be great!

Thanks,
Diana

[1] http://people.redhat.com/dfong/icons/echo48_0.11.tar.bz2
[2] http://people.redhat.com/dfong/icons/echo_0.11.tar.bz2

This does not appear to be a tarball in a format that I can drop into gnome theme manager preferences dialog to test it. If the theme is relatively complete by now, it would be useful to create a RPM and submit it for review, get into rawhide and provide updates as we progress.

Are you guys planning to include it before test 3 release or is it undecided yet whether we would be using this icon set as default for Fedora Core 6?

Rahul