Re: Gnome splash Image

Hi Steve!
The reason that GNOME has a splash screen is because it starts up so slow that the user has to have something to look up while the system starts nautilus, the panel and other stuff. Other than that it mostly gets in the way of getting peoples work done. Imagine if your tv had a splash screen that appeared for 10 seconds when you turned it on. I know I would go nuts, because I don't want to know the name of the tv-manufacturer one more time, I want to watch CSI! The splash will probably still be in the 2.16 release, but hopefully we can kill it for 2.18.
- Andreas

Steve Barnhart wrote:
I really hope its not dropped for GNOME. It adds another nice piece of
artwork/polish to fedora and gnome in general. If its still going to
be, hopefully you can make a gnome one still for use :)

On 8/19/06, Tommy Reynolds <Tommy.Reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Uttered Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxx>, spake thus:

> Cool! I added my feedback directly to the deviation.

I just gave an unofficial presentation, to some programmers at a large
airframe manufacturing company in the US northwest that must remain
nameless, about some safe programming techniques for POSIX threads.
I used your deviation as the slide background but didn't call
attention to it in any way; most especially, I didn't mention any
possible FC6 connections.

It looked really well on the projection screen, even though I had to
wash out the image to use as a slide background.

If you're interested, look here:

http://www.megacoder.com/files/presentation/Thread-Safe_Programming.pdf

For some reason, slide 23 got a resounding laugh...

Cheers

--
I'm already an anomaly, I shall soon be an anachronism, and I have
every intention of dying an abuse!