Re: Fedora Core 6 splash

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Thomas Canniot wrote:
THE default wallpaper ? :)

Would it be possible to have the banner in .xcf format with filters so
we could translate the text and put it everywhere on the local web
please?

Well...

1) A decision hasn't been made about the default theme elements and I'm not sure when that call will be made (but it should be soon as the release date is getting closer and closer.) If enough people on this list say they like something, though, it will help;

I would like us to make a decision and integrate all the artwork before the test3 release is done. There is a number of docs such as the draft desktop guide in progress at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/ and screenshots would have been taken throughout the guide. Replacing this set at this last minute would be tedious for authors as well as translators. Anything that covers the whole range of theming elements and is complete is great. Maybe we should have a few different themes avaialble though replacing theming elements for things like RHGB is not very intuitive for end users.

2) The engineers prefer that the wallpapers/theme don't mention the release number. This is in case for the release afterwards, if there isn't artwork available, the default wallpaper isn't for the old release number. :) A wallpaper I did way back for FC3 [1] was rejected for this reason :-p The text translation issue is also another good reason to avoid release-specific artwork, although does 'Core n' get translated?

Would be better not to have words within the wallpaper for this reason. It would be quite to odd to have a completely localized desktop with a English word standing out in the wallpaper.

Rahul