Re: RFC: Vision defect control suite for artwork

David Nielsen wrote:
During the recent debate on the new icon theme I brought the question of
testing your work against known vision defects like red/green color
blindness, blurry vision and such things.

However it does not seem that we have an easy to use tool to simulate
all these various issues, therefore I would like to propose that we work
on building one. I would be willing to dust off my coding skills and
give this a shot however I need some help figuring out the math behind
the various defects.

I started a new thread on this; you might want to check out some of the links I cited as they have equations that may be useful for blurred vision impairments.

I have been able to dig up all kinds of genetic details as to how this
works but not a single reference to an algorithm we could apply to the
transform operation.

From googling for 'color blindness simulation equations' I unearthed the following references:

[1] http://steve.hollasch.net/cgindex/color/color-blind.html "Color Blindness Theory, Simulation"

[2] http://vision.psychol.cam.ac.uk/jdmollon/papers/Dichromat_simulation.pdf "Computerized simulation of color appearance
for dichromats"

I'm sure further googling will produce more reference materials.

~m