Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:08:09 -0400
From: Diana Fong <dfong@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The Icon Question
To: "Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including
	icons,	themes, and wallpapers." <@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Result from the "Isometric vs 2pt poll" [1] was a close one...with the Isometric version leading by a small margin. For various reasons, the Isometric view will be used. A .svg copy of the Isometric grid can be found here [2].

I've also set up a gallery [3], where you can track the icon progress and contribute! Once again, the naming scheme, metaphor and descriptions are adopted from the Tango Project [4]. The Small version is for icons that are 16x16 or 24x24 that need simplified versions. The Small version is also at a "head-on" perspective. The Large version is for all other sizes, and probably most 24x24. We'll have to see how it looks.

Posted on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/BluecurveAndBeyond are also some Icons I created this past week/weekend.

Diana

[1] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=113856
[2]