Re: The Icon Question

Andreas Nilsson wrote:

Anyway, regardin
g icons on the Linux desktop in general, we´re all in
interface hell. Bluecurve tried to fix this problem [1], but was unsuccessfull (because noone ever released any sources I´ve been told)

This isn't actually true. Garrett had the source Illustrator *.ai files available on his Red Hat people page for a long time, and Red Hat actually maintained that for a long while after he'd left Red Hat. It just wasn't publicized so well.

and now the Tango project is giving the idea another try.
Perhaps it would be nice to discuss this during GUADEC.
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluecurve

I'll be there :)

~m