Announcing the release of Fedora 26 Alpha

The Fedora Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
the Fedora 26 Alpha, an important milestone on the road to our Fedora 26
release in June.

Download the prerelease from our Get Fedora site:

-   Get Fedora 26 Alpha Workstation
-   Get Fedora 26 Alpha Server

Or, check out one of our popular variants:

-   Get Fedora 26 Alpha Spins
-   Get Fedora 26 Alpha Labs
-   Get Fedora 26 Alpha ARM

Alternative Architectures
-------------------------

We are also simultaneously releasing the F26 Alpha for Power64 and
64-bit ARM (AArch64). These are available from:

https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/test/26_Alpha/

What is the Alpha release?
--------------------------

The Alpha release contains all the features of Fedora 26's editions in a
form that anyone can help test. This testing, guided by the Fedora QA
team, helps us target and identify bugs. When these bugs are fixed, we
make a Beta release available. A Beta release is code-complete and bears
a very strong resemblance to the third and final release. The final
release of Fedora 26 is expected in June. If you take the time to
download and try out the Alpha, you can check and make sure the things
that are important to YOU are working. Every bug you find and report
doesn't just help you, it improves the experience of millions of Fedora
users worldwide! Together, we can make Fedora rock-solid. We have a
culture of coordinating new features and pushing fixes upstream as much
as we can, and your feedback improves not only Fedora, but Linux and
Free software as a whole.

-   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/26/Schedule

Issues and Details
testing progresses, common issues are tracked on the Common F26 Bugs
page.

-   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F26_bugs

For tips on reporting a bug effectively, read "how to file a bug
report."

-   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_file_a_bug_report

Release Schedule
----------------

The full release schedule is available on the Fedora wiki:

-   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/26/Schedule

The current schedule calls for a beta release in late May, and the
final release in June. Be aware that these dates are development
targets. Some projects release on a set date regardless of feature
completeness or bugs; others wait until certain thresholds for
functionality or testing are met. Fedora uses a hybrid model, with
milestones subject to adjustment. This allows us to make releases with
new features and newly-integrated and updated upstream software while
also retaining high quality.