Announcing the release of Fedora 24 Beta for aarch64!

The Fedora 24 Beta for aarch64 is here, on schedule for our planned June final
release. For Beta we have added Cloud and Docker base images.
Download the prerelease from our Get Fedora site:

-   Get Fedora 24 Beta Server: make use of the very latest server-based
    technologies available in the open source community
    https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/test/24_Beta/Server/aarch64/

-   Get Fedora 24 Beta Cloud: build scale-out computing and utilize the next
    generation of container deployment technology
    https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/test/24_Beta/CloudImages/aarch64/
    https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/test/24_Beta/Docker/aarch64/images/

What is the Beta release?
-------------------------

The Beta release contains all the exciting features of Fedora 24's
editions in a form that anyone can help test. This testing, guided by
the Fedora QA team, helps us target and identify bugs from the Alpha
version. When most of these bugs are fixed, we make a Beta release
available. A Beta release is code-complete and bears a very strong
resemblance to the third and final release. The final release of Fedora
24 is expected in June. We need your help to make Fedora 24 the best
yet. Please take some time to download and try out the Beta and make
sure the things that are important to you are working. If you find a
bug, please report it – every bug you uncover is a chance to improve the
experience for millions of Fedora users worldwide. This is a great
opportunity for non-programmers to contribute back to fedora. Together,
we can make Fedora rock-solid. We have a culture of adding new features
to software and pushing fixes to the upstream developers at the same
time. This means your feedback will help improve not only Fedora but
Linux and free software on the whole.

-   <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/24/Schedule>
-   <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_file_a_bug_report>

Fedora-Wide Changes
-------------------

Under the hood, glibc has moved to 2.23. This update includes better
performance, increased security, bugfixes, improvements to POSIX
compliance, and additional locales. The new library is backwards
compatible with the version of glibc that was shipped in Fedora 23.
We've also updated the system compiler to GCC 6 and rebuilt all of our
packages with it, providing greater code optimization and improved
program error catching.

Server
------

Fedora 24 beta server edition has also been more streamlined. Unnecessary
packages were removed and the installer has a smaller footprint. FreeIPA
4.3, an integrated security information management solution is now
included. The installation of replicas is streamlined by adding a
replica promotion method for new installs. A new topology plugin has
also been added to this version of FreeIPA that automatically manages
new replication segment creation. An effective replica topology
visualization tool is now available in the webUI.

Cloud
-----

We are working hard to make Fedora the best platform for containerized
applications, from base Fedora container images to a full-featured
platform as a service to run and manage them. To meet this goal, we are
packaging OpenShift Origin so it is easy to deploy. OpenShift Origin is
a distribution of Kubernetes, a container cluster manager from Google.
It is optimized for enterprise application development and deployment.
Origin makes it easy for developers to get started building applications
in containers and for operators to manage them.

Issues and Details
Freenode. As testing progresses, common issues are tracked on the Common
F24 Bugs page.

-   <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F24_bugs>

For tips on reporting a bug effectively, read "how to file a bug
report."

-   <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_file_a_bug_report>

Release Schedule
----------------

The full release schedule is available on the Fedora wiki:

-   <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/24/Schedule>

The current schedule calls for a beta release towards the beginning of
May, and the final release in early June. Be aware that these dates are
development targets. Some projects release on a set date regardless of
feature completeness or bugs; others wait until certain thresholds for
functionality or testing are met. Fedora uses a hybrid model, with
milestones subject to adjustment. This allows us to make releases with
new features and newly-integrated and updated upstream software while
also retaining high quality.