Flock 2016 is here!

Hello all,

The Fedora Project is pleased to announce the 2016 Flock conference,
coming August 2-5, 2016 in Krakow, Poland. At Flock, Fedora contributors
gather to promote and discuss ideas to improve our distro, community,
and userbase, and promote our core values: Freedom, Friends, Features,
First. The announcement was originally made on the Fedora Magazine.

    https://fedoramagazine.org/flock-2016-krakow-poland/

Registration for attendance and talk submission is also open. You can
register for Flock 2016 on flocktofedora.org. The site also contains
more information about Flock in general and will be updated as more
information is made available.

    https://flocktofedora.org/

== What Flock is like ==

Flock operates somewhat like a traditional conference. We have a call
for papers (CFP) in which participants submit talks for acceptance. This
differs from our previous, Barcamp-style FUDCon events. This arrangement
has worked exceptionally well for the past three years. This year
promises to be one of the best Fedora conferences yet.
The Flock 2016 conference will feature four full days of talks,
workshops, hackfests, and sprints. Your submission is encouraged, since
we want to fill the schedule with good content. And of course there will
be opportunities to interact with other contributors throughout the
conference.

We’ll have scheduled sessions covering these and other topics:
* Building a Better Distro
* Growing the Fedora Userbase
* Making Life Better for Contributors
* Prepared Lightning Talks (plenary session)
* Team Planning
* Hackfests
* Drop-in Clinics
* Open hardware
* …and more

== Thank you bidders! ==

Flock is significantly influenced by the participation of community
members carefully researching bids. Even when they are not selected,
bids help to shape the conversation around the conference, and set the
bar for future bids, this year, and beyond. Thank you to Pingou,
Eseyman, Daja, and Chris for contributing your detailed and competitive
bids in Paris, Toulouse, and Vienna. The Krakow bid was submitted by
Brian Exelbierd and Dominika Bula, and will continue to be updated as
the Planning Committee confirms more details about the conference and
its associated social events.

Interested in what goes into the bid process? See the Community Blog
article for more information about the process and what happens behind
the scenes.

    https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/save-the-date-flock-2016/

== Register and submit talks now! ==

Information is coming soon about CFP deadlines, hotel lodging, and more.
But you don’t have to wait! You can submit your talks along with your
registration right away. Visit the official website for Flock 2016 now,
where you can register and submit a talk.

    https://flocktofedora.org/

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory