Fedora Council nominations for upcoming election now open

Hello everyone. The nomination period for very first Council elections
is now open. We will be selecting two seats on Council by popular vote.
If you are interested in serving Fedora in this way and want to become
part of Fedora history as member of the first Council, please add
yourself to the list of nominees at

<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Council/Nominations>

before 23:59:59 UTC on November 10, 2014!

This election, we're encouraging nominees to run a (short, low-budget!)
election campaign — have a platform, blog, tweet, etc. Hire your own PR
team? Probably no need to go that far! At the end of the campaign
period, we're also going to run email-based interviews with each
candidate on Fedora Magazine.

If you have questions you'd like asked of candidates, please add them
to the <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections/Questionnaire> wiki
page. Nominees will answer these questions and the answers will be
published simultaneously on November 17th. Questions may be moderated
to fit Fedora Magazine interview format.

Elections schedule:

    November  4-10: Nomination period open.

           You may self-nominate. If you wish to nominate someone else,
           please consult with that person ahead of time. If you know
           someone who would be a good candidate, now is a great time
           to make sure they're thinking about it.

    November 11-17: "Campaign" period.

           Candidates are highly encouraged to make blog, mailing
           lists, and social media posts about their plans. We will
           also conduct an e-mail-based interview with each candidate,
           with all answers published on Fedora Magazine simultaneously
           on the 17th.

           We will not be holding IRC town halls this time around.

    November 18-25: Voting open.

           Voting will close at 00:00 UTC on the 26th. Run

                date -d '2014-11-26 00:00 UTC'

           to see the deadline in your timezone, if you are planning on
           cutting things close.

    November 26th: Results announcement and new Council will be in effect.

For more details about Fedora elections, see the wiki page at
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections>. To learn more about the Fedora
Council and its role in our project, check out
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Council>.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>