Appointment to Fedora Board

I'm happy to announce that Rex Dieter has accepted an appointment to the remaining seat on the Fedora Project Board. This is the second appointment of two in total for this upcoming cycle; Major Hayden was previously announced as the first appointee for this cycle.

Many of you know Rex from various areas of the project, including his work within the KDE SIG, initiation of the Community Working Group (CWG), as well as his service as former elected Board Member, among many, many other areas. Rex has proven himself to be fair, wise, and adept in resolving conflicts, and I very much look forward to working with him again.

I hope that everyone in the Fedora Project community will join me in welcoming him (back) to the Board.

The new Board will meet together for the first time (hopefully) in some form this week likely during FUDCon, though given that not all members will be present this may be a hybrid of an in-person and phone and IRC meeting, and we'll do our best to try and work around schedules but will likely not be perfectly inclusive. :) Regular meetings should resume next week, once a new meeting time has been finalized.

Finally, I'd like to thank our outgoing Board members for their time and efforts over the past year. Toshio Kuratomi, David Nalley, Christoph Wickert - your wisdom and contributions are appreciated by everyone, and we all look forward to continuing to work with you in other areas of the Fedora Project.

Cheers,

-Robyn