Update of CVM's What's New - FSMA and Animal Feed

Title: Update of CVM's What's New - FSMA and Animal Feed

FDA Releases draft guidance for industry entitled “Questions and Answers Regarding Food Facility Registration (Seventh Edition): Draft Guidance for Industry.”

November 7, 2016

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is announcing today the availability of a draft guidance for industry entitled “Questions and Answers Regarding Food Facility Registration (Seventh Edition):  Guidance for Industry.” The draft guidance contains 15 sections of a multi-section guidance intended to provide updated information and answer frequently asked questions regarding FDA registration requirements. The 2016 Food Facility Registration biennial renewal period began on October 1 and will end on December 31, 2016. Food facilities that manufacture/process, pack or hold food for consumption in the United States are required to register with the FDA.

We are issuing a seventh edition of the guidance to add information regarding the “Amendments to Registration of Food Facilities” final rule issued in July 2016 and to address questions received from stakeholders since publication of the sixth edition. We are reserving two sections in the draft guidance and will reissue the seventh edition of the draft guidance as soon as those sections are complete.

Although you can comment on any guidance at any time, to ensure that we consider your comment on the draft guidance before we begin work on the final version of the guidance, submit either electronic or written comments on the draft guidance by February 6, 2017 (90 days after publication).

Food Safety Modernization Act and Animal Feed

More Animal Health Topics

This email was sent to list-fda@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery, on behalf of: U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) · 10903 New Hampshire Ave · Silver Spring, MD 20993 · 1-888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332) Powered by GovDelivery