BLOG: The Meaning of Wearing Red

Title: BLOG: The Meaning of Wearing Red
Office of Women's Health, FDA

February 2015
http://www.fda.gov/womens

The Meaning of Wearing Red

By: Margaret A. Hamburg, M.D.

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the annual Woman’s Day Red Dress awards ceremony in New York City. The event is one of the highlights of American Heart Month, and it was created by that magazine to educate Americans about, and help fight, heart disease, which has become the number one killer of women. Many are surprised to learn that while breast cancer is the cause of death of one in every 31 American women, one of every three women dies of heart disease. So I found it particularly meaningful, both as a doctor and a woman, to be honored for FDA’s work to improve women’s cardiovascular health. Read more:

This email was sent to list-fda@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery, on behalf of: U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) · 10903 New Hampshire Ave · Silver Spring, MD 20993 · 800-439-1420 Powered by GovDelivery