The March 2014 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Title: The March 2014 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Recalls and Safety Alerts:

HeartMate II LVAS Pocket System Controller by Thoratec Corporation: Updated Labeling and Training Materials
Physicians who prescribe this device should immediately review the updated labeling and training material with all clinical personnel responsible for training patients and caregivers…

GE Healthcare Resuscitation Systems: Class I Recall
Recalled products may interfere with oxygen delivery, resulting in inaccurate oxygen regulation in newborns, and may lead to low blood oxygen (hypoxia) or high blood oxygen (hyperoxia)…

ACME Monaco Guidewire .035x150 3MMJ TCFC Item 88241 by Medline Industries: Class I Recall
Various convenience kits containing ACME Monaco Guidewire .035x150 3 MMJ TCFC, item number 88241, have the potential for the coating to flake off of the wire…

ISIS HVT Tracheal Tube Cuffed with Subglottic Secretion Suction Port (with and without Preloaded Stylet) by Teleflex Medical : Class I Recall
Affected tracheal tubes may kink during patient use…

Trilogy Ventilator Models 100, 200 and 202 by Philips Respironics: Recall
If the defect is left uncorrected, the ventilator may fail to deliver mechanical breaths and the ventilatory failure alarm functionality may be reduced…

Educational Materials:

Free Printable Visual Learning Guides for Safe Sharps Disposal
Free, publically available visual learning guides to help educate people on how to safely dispose of sharps and other needles…

This email was sent to list-fda@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery, on behalf of: U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) · 10903 New Hampshire Ave · Silver Spring, MD 20993 · 800-439-1420 Powered by GovDelivery