The August 2013 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Title: The August 2013 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Recalls and Safety Alerts:

Verathon, Inc., GlideScope Video Laryngoscope (GVL) 3, 4, 5 and GlideScope (AVL) 2, 3, 4 and 5 Reusable Blades: Class I Recall
Blades recalled due to the potential risk of breakage and premature failure of the blade tip...

Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm Insulin Infusion Sets: Class I Recall
Potential for over or under delivery of insulin if insulin or other fluids contact the inside of Medtronic Paradigm tubing connectors…

Bryan Medical Tracoe Mini 3.0mm Tracheostomy Tube: Class I Recall
An oversized tracheostomy tube may cause permanent injury to the trachea…

MedStream Programmable Infusion Pump: Class I Recall
The malfunction in the fill level sensor may cause the pump’s low reservoir alarm, normally set at 3 ml, to sound too early or too late…

Nova Max Glucose Test Strips: Recall
Affected blood glucose test strips and meter kits may report a false, abnormally high blood glucose result…

GE Healthcare Nuclear Medicine Systems: Class I Recall
Healthcare facilities are instructed to cease use of their Nuclear Medicine system until a GE Healthcare Field Engineer is able to do a complete inspection of the system and perform any necessary repairs…

DePuy Orthopaedics-LPS Lower Extremity Dovetail Intercalary Component: Class I Recall
Potential for fracture of the female component, at the dovetail, when exposed to normal physiologic loads while walking…

CareFusion Alaris PC unit (model 8015) with version 9.12 Keyboard Processor: Class I Recall
A device malfunction can result in the sudden unintended discontinuation of medications…

Cordis Optease Retrievable Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter: Recall
Product labeling correction to provide clarification and additional information to minimize likelihood of implanting the filter backwards…

This email was sent to list-fda@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery, on behalf of: U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) · 10903 New Hampshire Ave · Silver Spring, MD 20993 · 800-439-1420 Powered by GovDelivery