Affordable Care Act at 3: Paying for Quality Saves Health Care Dollars

Title: Affordable Care Act at 3: Paying for Quality Saves Health Care Dollars

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Bookmark and Share

View in browser | This newsletter created and distributed by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Affordable Care Act at 3: Paying for Quality Saves Health Care Dollars

For decades before the passage of the Affordable Care Act, health care costs outstripped inflation, without corresponding improvements in health care quality. Our system didn’t incentivize quality or efficiency. We paid providers for the quantity of care, not the quality of care. And we were not using technology to deliver smarter care.

The Affordable Care Act includes steps to improve the quality of health care and lower costs for you and for our nation as a whole. This means avoiding costly mistakes and readmissions, keeping patients healthy, rewarding quality instead of quantity, and creating the health information technology infrastructure that enables new payment and delivery models to work. Read More

Here are just a few ways that the health care law builds a smarter health care system:

  • We’re Shifting the Focus to Quality, Not Quantity
  • Keeping You Out of The Hospital
  • Lowering Costs

Video: ACA By the Numbers
Join us in celebrating the 3rd anniversary of the Affordable Care Act. The health care law means new protections for you. It means savings. It means better care. And, it means expanded access to coverage and new health care options in 2014. Watch the video >>

Think. Share. Talk HealthCare.