Affordable Care Act at 3: Abby's Story

Title: Affordable Care Act at 3: Abby's Story

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Bookmark and Share

View in browser | This newsletter created and distributed by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Affordable Care Act at 3: Abby's Story

Abby writes: "I remember the day the health care law passed three years ago. The law made history as one of the most significant pieces of health related legislation since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid. On a personal level, it fundamentally changed the course of my life. At the time, I was 20 years old, a college student, and facing the reality that I would be kicked off my parents’ high-quality private insurance, on my twenty-first birthday. I would have limited, if any, options for health insurance and it put me face to face with my own mortality." Read More

Here are three ways the law helps people like Abby:

Health Insurance Marketplace: Open enrollment begins on October 1, 2013. Thanks to a new kind of tax credit and the expansion of some programs, more people than ever will qualify for help that will make insurance affordable. Find out how you can get a break on costs in the Marketplace!

Think. Share. Talk HealthCare.