The February 2013 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Title: The February 2013 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Recalls and Safety Alerts:

Hamilton Medical, Inc. Ventilators with Software Versions 1.1.2 and Lower: Recall
During ventilation of small pediatric patients with high airway resistance and low lung function, there may be unexpected high internal oxygen consumption by affected ventilators...

Vycor Viewsite Brain Access System (VBAS): Class I Recall
Vycor Medical recalled its' VBAS because an unidentified black fiber was found on the device...

Bausch and Lomb 27G Sterile Cannula Packed in Amvisc and Amvisc Plus Ophthalmic Viscosurgical Devices (OVD): Class I Recall
Bausch and Lomb advised customers to discontinue the use and either destroy or quarantine the product under refrigeration pending a sales representative visit to your site...

Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants - Updated Safety Recommendations:
FDA notified healthcare professionals that it is providing updated safety information and recommendations to patients and health care providers, based on the FDA’s current assessment of metal-on-metal hip implants, including the benefits and risks...

Fisher and Paykel Healthcare Reusable Breathing Circuit: Class I Recall
Recall due to pinholes in the tubes used in the reusable breathing circuit...

This email was sent to list-fda@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery, on behalf of: U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) · 10903 New Hampshire Ave · Silver Spring, MD 20993 · 800-439-1420 Powered by GovDelivery