The May 2012 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Title: The May 2012 MedSun Newsletter is now available...

Educational Materials:

 The Preventing Surgical Fires Initiative announces a Free Educational Webinar
On June 12th, FDA is offering a free educational webinar to raise awareness about Surgical Fire safety...

Recalls and Safety Alerts:

Roche Diagnostics Operations Elecsys Troponin I and Elecsys Troponin I STAT Immunoassays - Recall
With certain types of plasma samples, doctors may receive a falsely low result - up to a maximum of 50% lower than the actual concentration of Troponin I...

Other-Sonic Generic Ultrasound Transmission Gel: Safety Communication - Risk of Bacterial Contamination
FDA notified health care professionals and facilities to STOP using Other-Sonic Generic Ultrasound Transmission Gel manufactured June through December 2011, due to bacterial contamination...

Thoratec Corporation, HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist System (LVAS): Recall
Detachment of the bend relief from its intended position around the proximal outflow graft may allow the graft to kink or deform, resulting in reduction of blood flow from the HeartMate II LVAS pump, pump/graft thrombosis, or perforation of the outflow graft...

This email was sent to list-fda@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery, on behalf of: U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) · 10903 New Hampshire Ave · Silver Spring, MD 20993 · 800-439-1420 Powered by GovDelivery