STATEMENT BY MARGARET A. HAMBURG, COMMISSIONER OF FOOD AND DRUGS ON THE REOPENING OF SOME MISSISSIPPI STATE WATERS TO COMMERCIAL FISHING

Title: STATEMENT BY MARGARET A. HAMBURG, COMMISSIONER OF FOOD AND DRUGS ON THE REOPENING OF SOME MISSISSIPPI STATE WATERS TO COMMERCIAL FISHING

STATEMENT BY MARGARET A. HAMBURG, COMMISSIONER OF FOOD AND DRUGS ON THE REOPENING OF SOME MISSISSIPPI STATE WATERS TO COMMERCIAL FISHING
Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:09:00 -0500

We are pleased to be able to support the state of Mississippi as it reopens state waters in the Mississippi Sound, from the mainland to the barrier islands, to commercial fishing. Through close coordination with our state and federal partners, we are confident all appropriate steps have been taken to ensure that seafood harvested from the waters being opened today is safe and that Gulf seafood lovers everywhere can be confident eating and enjoying the fish and shrimp that will be coming out of this area.

Manage your FDA Subscriptions:

GovDelivery, Inc. sending on behalf of U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) · 10903 New Hampshire Ave · 10903 New Hampshire Ave MD 20993 · 800-439-1420