Beckman Coulter UniCel DxC Synchron Clinical System - Ion Selective Electrode Flow Cell: Class I Recall-Incorrect sodium results due to build-up of protein, bacteria, in the flow cell

Title: Beckman Coulter UniCel DxC Synchron Clinical System – Ion Selective Electrode Flow Cell: Class I Recall-Incorrect sodium results due to build-up of protein, bacteria, in the flow cell
MedWatch logo MedWatch - The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program

Beckman Coulter UniCel DxC Synchron Clinical System – Ion Selective Electrode Flow Cell: Class I Recall

Audience: Hospital risk managers, laboratory managers

FDA notified healthcare professionals of the Class I recall of UniCel DxC Synchron Clinical System – Ion Selective Electrode (ISE) Flow Cell. These systems are computer-controlled clinical chemistry analyzers used to determine different types of blood chemistries and other chemistries from blood samples collected from an individual. There may be excessive build-up of protein, bacteria, and sample tube additives in the instrument’s ion selective electrode flow cell which may cause incorrect sodium results. This product has been manufactured and distributed since November 2004. See Recall Notice for serial numbers affected by this recall.

Read the complete MedWatch 2010 Safety summary including a link to the FDA Recall notice, at:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm204106.htm

You are encouraged to report all serious adverse events and product quality problems to FDA MedWatch at www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm