U.S. Federal Aviation Administration Press Releases Update

Title: U.S. Federal Aviation Administration Press Releases Update

You are subscribed to page updates for U.S. Federal Aviation Administration. A new press release is now available. We've included a copy of the release in this email.

For Immediate Release
September 23, 2009
Contact: Laura Brown
Phone: (202) 359-3680

LaHood and Babbitt React to NATCA Ratification Vote

"From the very first day I came into this job, I made a commitment to the controllers that reaching a mutually acceptable agreement would be our top priority," said U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. "The union's ratification vote is great news and marks a new day between the controllers and the FAA."

Secretary LaHood thanked Chairman Jane Garvey and mediators Rich Bloch and Dana Eischen for making the agreement possible. He also expressed appreciation to NATCA leaders who ran for office on a platform supporting the contract.

"We are pleased that the hard work that both negotiating teams devoted to this during an intense three-month effort was affirmed overwhelmingly by NATCA'S membership in a ratification vote that concluded today," said FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt.

"We set out on this process in May with the goal to move definitively from the past to an agreement that we hope will start a new progressive relationship between the FAA and the controllers as we set about important work to transform the entire air traffic control system," Babbitt added. "This gives us a great platform for moving forward on the next generation of air navigation, which will greatly benefit our nation and the traveling public."

Both parties plan to sign the three-year agreement on Friday, September 25.

###

You can view or update your subscriptions, password or email address at any time on your User Profile Page. All you will need are your email address and your password (if you have selected one).

This service is provided to you at no charge by the Federal Aviation Administration. Visit us on the web at www.faa.gov.