Re: Many orphaned inodes after resize2fs

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 05:42:12PM +0200, Patrik Horník wrote:

> Please confirm that this is fully correct solution (for my purpose, not
> elegant clean way for official fix) and it has no negative consequences. It
> seems that way but I did not analyze all code paths the fixed code is in.

Yes, that's a fine solution.  What I'll probably do is disable the
check if s_inodes_count is greater than s_mkfs_time minus some fudge
value, or if the broken system clock boolean is set.

> BTW were there any other negative consequences of this bug in e2fsck except
> changing i_dtime of inodes to current time?

Nope, that would be the only consequence --- if you don't the system
administrator's anxiety that was induced by the false positive!

Thanks for pointing out this problem.  I'll make sure it gets fixed in
the next maintenance release of e2fsprogs.

					- Ted