Relation between aborted journal and read only file system

Hi All,

This is my first post in this mailing list.

I am a learner in this field.

I have a query here :

1. If ext3 filesystem's journal got curropted then is it necessary thatfilesystem will be mounted read only ?
either YES/NO, I want to know the reason also.

(If I can get some links/document for this then it will be really useful)

2. Also I would like to know that how we can find root cause of ext3 corruption ?

3. In case we found root cause then how to fix and test the code. I think in this case
regression would be required because file system can impact whole system. So , how to be sure about my fix .

Please reply ..

Regards,
Shubham