Re: ext3_free_blocks_sb when removing a more than 1GB file

On 3/4/11 11:33 AM, Stephane Cerveau wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I checked the storage that seems to be ok ( check bad block) and I
> still have the problem. I did the test on vfat and I donât have the
> problem. I'm using a 2.6.23 kernel ? When the ext3 fs is considered
> as stable ?

I don't mean that it's an IO error or a bad block, but perhaps a behavioral
problem with the flash; maybe not syncing properly before it's powered
off, etc.  If it only happens with some USB drives, I do not think
it is an ext3 issue.

Your original problem report may not have been totally clear so maybe
I misunderstand.

Can you show exactly what you did, and exactly what error messages
you received, keeping in mind that any IO type errors that don't
say "ext3" are also relevant?

-Eric