Re: file open -> disk full -> save -> file 0 byte

On 2010-10-18, at 03:22, Ralf Gross wrote:
> Bodo Thiesen schrieb:
>> As to my knowledge, it is still impossible to mount an ext2 file system
>> with the needs_recovery flag read only with the ext3 driver and because
>> that flag is wrongly made "incompatible", it's  even impossible to mount
>> it with the ext2 driver.

Note that the needs_recovery flag was INTENTIONALLY made incompatible, not "wrongly" so.  That is because with metadata being written into the journal, there is no guarantee that the filesystem is even consistent when mounted without journal replay.  Metadata blocks can be reallocated as data blocks and overwritten by data, based only on changes committed to the journal, and this could result in errors.

Cheers, Andreas