Re: list used blocks

On 09/23/2010 10:08 AM, Samson Yeung wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a tool that lists the used blocks in an ext3 file system.
> Is there already a tool that does exactly that? The closest I could
> find is dumpe2fs which lists groups, and free blocks within the group.

That's about the best there is, I think.  (I assume you want to know
the actual block numbers in use?)

If you need something better and have some programming chops you could
look at how dumpe2fs finds that info, and print it out in a format more
to your liking...

find /blah | xargs filefrag -v might be parseable into something useful too.

Just out of curiosity what will you do with the list of used blocks?

-Eric