Re: journal on an ssd

Look at: http://www.fusionio.com/Products.aspx

At 120K IOPS @1K blocks, it should make for a very good journaling device.

It's not an SSD per se; it bypasses old disk controllers altogether (very innovative block device design).

The block device layer and hardware are tailored for NAND failure idiosyncrasies... which results in their data loss is less than any available SSD or rotating disk.

Put two together in a RAID1 configuration to compensate for device failures (assure you have 2 PCIe x8 slots available).

Chris